The U.S. Navy is exploring compact, mobile fuel cell systems to power critical vehicle equipment such as radios, computers, and GPS systems silently and without the environmental emissions associated with conventional power sources.
Environment News Highlights
- Fleet Week San Francisco Hosts USS America (LHA 6) Commissioning, 'Energy Warrior,' and Navy Environmental Programs
- NAVFAC Washington-Built Facility at Patuxent River Gets LEED Gold Certification
- Reusing Treated Wastewater Improves Water Quality
- Navy to Begin Testing Drinking Water for Lead
- NPS Oceanography Faculty, Students Maintain, Utilize World's Largest Coastal Radar Network
Environment Video Highlights