The U.S. Navy is exploring compact, mobile fuel cell systems to power critical vehicle equipment such as radios, computers, and GPS systems silently and without the environmental emissions associated with conventional power sources.
AnnouncementsNavy Issues Record of Decision for Hawaii-Southern California Training and Testing Environmental Impact Statement Navy Releases Final Environmental Impact Statements for At-Sea Training & Testing Activities Video: 2013 U.S. Navy Environmental Stewardship - learn more about how the Navy is protecting the environment while defending freedom Check out the NAEMO - Navy Acoustic Effects Model - web app!
Environment News Highlights
- Navy Creates New Artificial Reef
- Navy Exercises Prepare Sailors with Minimal Impacts on Marine Life
- Supplemental EIS Evaluates Risk that Bangor Construction could Pose for Endangered Marbled Murrelet
- NPS Oceanography Faculty, Students Maintain, Utilize World's Largest Coastal Radar Network
- 2,000 Pounds of E-Waste Recycled at NBVC Event
Environment Video Highlights