On 30 October, 2009, the Vice Chief of Naval Operations signed into effect the Task Force Climate Change Charter. This charter presents the background, guidance, purpose, organization, and responsibilities of the Navy’s Task Force Climate Change, and states that TFCC will develop a comprehensive approach to guide future public, strategic and policy discussions regarding the potential impacts of climate change on maritime security.
Climate Change News Highlights
- "Search and Rescue Resources Leave Lot to be Desired"
- "NOAA: US Unprepared for Changes in Arctic Ice"
- "Defense Department, Services Monitor Arctic Melting"
- "CNO's thoughts on 'Confronting the Fifth Ocean'"
- "Navy Completes Arctic Environmental Assessment"
- "In the Arctic Race, the U.S. Lags Behind"
- "Climate Skepticism and Ways Forward"
Climate Change Video Highlights
- Rear Adm. Titley discusses Navy interests in climate change at COP 17 in Durban.
- Short video of Rear Adm. Titley at COP17, produced by the State Dept.
- Rear Adm. Titley's opening remarks at the Australian Climate Adaptation Congress.
- "Earth: The Operator's Manual"
- Rear Adm. Titley presents a personal view of climate change and national security from his TEDxPentagon presentation, hosted on DoD's "Armed with Science" website.